Help us save Victoria Farm

O'Donohue (Legg's) Store

O'Donohue (Legg's) Store


O'Donohues Store (Legg's)

Most people would not recognise this building now known as Legg's.  Built in 1908, the building has had three different owners and several different facades.  For many years it was a General Store, run first by Henry O'Donohue and then Wilfred Cousineau who purchased the building in 1912.  He continued with the general store concept until his grandson sold the business to Michael Legg in 1971.  Legg kept the hardware section open until 1985 when he decided to devote all the space to clothing.

HHS Archives


Topics: |

login to post comments | thumbnail | halfpage